What can I do with PayPal?
PayPal lets you quickly and securely send and receive money for goods, services and more.
With PayPal you can:
- Shop online in more than 190 countries and regions.
- Pay for things and send money without sharing your financial information.
- Checkout quickly at hundreds of your favorite online stores (not just eBay!).
- Accept credit cards on your website.
- Make donations to your favorite charity.
- Set up an online shop and receive payments.
- Use your credit card and earn rewards.
At PayPal, your financial security is our highest priority. We use the latest anti-fraud technology to help make sure your transactions are safer and you’re 100% protected against unauthorized payments sent from your account.
What kind of PayPal credit cards does PayPal offer?
Can I use PayPal Credit to send money?
Yes! Here’s how:
- Click Tools at the top of the page.
- Click Send money.
- Select Pay for goods or services or Send money to friends or family.
- Enter the email address or mobile number of the recipient.
- Click Next.
- Enter the amount you’d like to send and click Continue.
- Review the payment method and amount. Click Change Payment Method to select PayPal Credit as your payment method.
- You can add an optional message to the recipient.
- Click Send Money Now.
Your transaction will appear on your monthly PayPal Credit statement.
Promotional offers don’t apply to Send Money transactions.
What credit cards can I use with PayPal?
You can use Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express to make PayPal payments.
Another fast and easy option is paying with your bank account. Many PayPal members choose to pay with their bank accounts because it’s a convenient way to keep their spending under control.
However you choose to pay, we’ll send you a receipt every time a payment is made from your account so that you can keep track of your transactions. And we look out for you. We’ll let you know if we notice any unusual account activity.
Which credit cards can I accept with PayPal Merchant Services?
PayPal supports a large number of credit cards, including Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, JCB, Diner’s Club and EnRoute. Depending on your processor, Payflow Pro also supports level 2 and level 3 Purchasing Cards (P-Cards). Check cards or debit cards with either a Visa or MasterCard logo are supported and treated just like a credit card.
Card types that are currently not compatible with PayPal Merchant Services are:
- Procurement and private label credit cards (such as a department store credit card).
- Debit cards requiring a numeric password and pin-pad for entry.
Do I have to confirm my debit or credit card before I can use it with PayPal?
If you linked your debit or credit card to your PayPal account and see a “confirm credit card” link next to your card details, you’ll need to confirm your card before you can use it with PayPal. We sometimes ask you to complete this step to ensure the card is valid and that you’re the owner of the card.
Which mobile devices can I use with PayPal Here?
You can use iOS (iPhone 3GS and later) devices running iOS version 7.0 and later, and iPad devices running iOS version 7.0 and later, and select Android smartphones and tablets.
An Android device running PayPal Here will need to have:
- Android version 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or later
- 3.5 mm headset jack with microphone
- Support for Location Services
- Internet access (via WiFi or cellular data network)
PayPal Here is supported on many Android tablets. See the list below for some of the compatible devices.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10″
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7″
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10″
- Samsung Nexus 10″
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10″
Don’t worry if your tablet isn’t shown; a quick app download and reader test will indicate whether PayPal Here works with your tablet. We recommend doing this prior to purchasing a new device just to be sure it is compatible.
Where can I use PayPal with Android Pay?
You can use your PayPal account with Android pay in 3 ways: To make purchases at any in-store merchant that accepts Discover Contactless Payments, when shopping in an app, or when you use the Chrome mobile web browser to checkout.
When shopping in-store or through an app, Android pay uses your PayPal balance. Don’t have any or enough money in your balance? No problem. We’ll automatically use your connected bank or debit card to add money to your PayPal balance to pay for the purchase.
If you’re using the Chrome mobile browser and check out using PayPal with Android Pay, you’ll be asked if you’d like to pay with PayPal. If you do, put your finger on your Android phone’s fingerprint scanner to complete the purchase. There’s no need to log in with your username and password—just verify with your finger, and then pay with any of your available payment methods.
Can I use PayPal Credit when I shop on eBay?
Yes! Look for the PayPal Credit option on the “Choose Payment Method” page, or when you check out with PayPal. PayPal Credit can be used for most purchases on eBay, except in the following categories: adult, digital goods, weapons, alcohol, and vehicles. (PayPal Credit is available for auto parts and accessories.)